Monday, December 5, 2011

Panda Bear @ La Gaîté Lyrique 11.29.11

If you've been actually reading this blog it would come as no surprise that I'm a massive Animal Collective fan. If not I'll help you out and refer you to my Coachella 2011 post here assuming I now have your attention. Upon booking my trip to Paris I stumbled upon finding that Panda Bear was going to be performing the day I had planned to fly home. Subsequently, I extended my trip for one day and then convinced my mother that she'd have a great time at a show I wanted to see. The venue was inside of what seems to be a modern art museum. Amidst some of the worlds most historic museums I was a bit surprised (and excited) to find that digital art had a home in Paris. I only wish I'd had more time to actually go and see the exhibits.


There are 2 music venues inside of La Gaîté Lyrique according to Wiki. Panda Bear performed in the "larger" of the two, with a capacity of 750. Wiki also told me "acoustic isolation was a high priority." (I nearly jumped out of my chair when I read this)


The projection screens behind the guys was likely larger than a movie theater screen. Combine that with a reputation for Animal Collective/Panda Bear/Avey Tare to have some of the most psychedelic visuals you've ever seen and prepare yourself to be in for a treat.





No comments:

Post a Comment