Thursday, December 1, 2011

Junior Boys Curated Show @ Showcase - Paris, France 11.25.11

Upon booking my Thanksgiving holiday trip to Paris with my family I quickly jumped on RA's Paris Event page to see if anything was going on while I was there. I mean, it's Paris, so of course something was. With a lineup like this I absolutely had to make this part of my trip. Since I was traveling with my mother I figured warning well in advance that I would be back to our apartment just before sunrise was a gesture in good manners. 


Bang & Olufsen aka Alexis Taylor of Hot Chip & Rob from Grovesnor (live set)
Diamond Rings (live set)
Junior Boys (live set)
Caribou (dj set)


Bang & Olufsen
I had no idea that Bang & Olufsen was a Hot Chip side project until I was able to Google it the next day. I kept saying to my brother "His voice just sounds so familiar??" I've also been frequently called out for referring to just about everything in the synth pop realm sounding like Hot Chip, so I refrained in that moment...ironically. Guitar work from Rob was spot on. An nice mix of indie rock with a dose of danceable electronic tunes. Overall, a really great performance.

Bang & Olufsen



Diamond Rings was not my scene. A little to in your face gay pop house music.




The crowd started to fill in, in anticipation for Junior Boys to take the stage. It was a nice feeling to see Parisian's just as excited as Seattleites for what was about to ensue. As can be expected, they pretty much nailed it. I don't think their show requires much else in the way of explanation. Loved every second of it.


Unfortunately for me, I missed most of Caribou. My American stamina peter'd out around the 4:30am mark when he took to the decks. From what I did hear, it was rather euro-techno, and not his style at all which is right where he needed to be to feed the crowd at that hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment