Tuesday, November 9, 2010

IG88 - Nectar 11.09 (opening for Matthew Dear)

I literally just got home from Nectar 5 minutes ago after seeing these guys open for Matthew Dear and had to get this out there. I feel like I'm getting repetitive in my posts since the sound of everything I'm listening to right now is very much on the downtempo, spacey, minimalist vibe. At any rate, these kids are local, and I want to support that in any way I can. I posted a few weeks back about Mark McGuire, and Emeralds, which is definitely along the same lines of where IG88 falls. It's unfortunate that I didn't make a note of the vocalist that they brought in, as I thought he was just a part of their set up...apparently not the case. Go here to check out their digital album, but don't expect to see much else aside from a myspace page from these kids. Here's hoping that they hook up w/ USF & Beat Connection and start making the rounds in the local circuit.

IG88 - Mutual Mastication by IDMf Netlabel

No comments:

Post a Comment