Monday, October 25, 2010

City Arts Fest - Day 4 - Esben and the Witch & Foals @ Neumos

Day 4 of City Arts fest came with some serious decisions to make. Big Boi & Foals playing at LITERALLY the exact same time? Oye. I was very much set on seeing Foals until a few different voices of reason made a good point in saying "When are you ever going to see Big Boi again? It's not like Outkast tours, um, EVER" And although I'm not the biggest follower of Outkast, and thus Big Boi, it's definitely one of those things that you just have to see at some point. So the decision was made...I'll get there early and stand around waiting to see if they'll let me in since I only had the wristband and not the guest list wristband for that show. As I'm sure you've deduced by now (maybe it was the title of the blog) my attention span for waiting in lines - especially in the rain - got the better of me. I think I lasted a whole 10 minutes before deciding to get back in my car and drive up to Neumo's. Damn, if I was glad that I did.

The opening band, Esben and the Witch was definitely not something I'd heard of, or taken the time to even look up prior to the show. However, halfway through the first song I was texting a gang of folks about them and trying to find something, ANYTHING about them on Wiki. Not the easiest thing to do since it seems these guys are THAT new. I scoured the interwebs a bit yesterday and found out that this 3 piece band touring w/ the Foals just signed to Matador and released their first single for them, last week.
Esben & the Witch

Esben and the Witch


Foals promptly went on at 11 and went hit for hit between "Total Life Forever" and "Antidotes". It sounded amazing, their energy was on FIRE, the crowd was INTO it for sure. It was exactly what I was expecting and hoped for. 'Total Life Forever' is definitely on my top 5 albums for 2010 and I am so glad I decided to go see this show.
Foals

Foals

Foals

Foals






Getting ready to attack the drum


No comments:

Post a Comment