Saturday, October 23, 2010

City Arts Fest - Day 2 - Cat Power @ 5th Ave Theater

This was my first event at the 5th Ave Theater and first time seeing Cat Power. It's taken me a while to get into the singer/songwriter thing so I really don't know much about her. The first time I had any kind of interest in her music was a tequila filled Cinco de Mayo at the Cha Cha when I first heard "Free" playing in the bar. Her voice is unmistakable and the show was definitely something I'll always remember. I'd heard about her stage fright but witnessing it firsthand was a little shocking. The near 2000 person crowd was as silent as you could possibly get for that size. Between each song there was at least a 3 minute pause with only a few whispers, or a random folks yelling "You can do it" in some attempt at comforting her. I couldn't help but wonder why on earth this chick even wanted to continue to be in the spotlight if she was THIS uncomfortable. Selfishly though, with a voice like hers, I am glad she does.


1 comment:

  1. My 3rd and final comment of the night....I'm so glad I was there for that pivotal moment!

    ReplyDelete