Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pretty Lights

A few months ago I tagged a song by Pretty Lights on my KEXP iPhone app. And as I usually do, I did a little bit of trolling on the web shortly thereafter to hear some more tracks. Much to my surprise I was able to download entire albums from these guys for free. At the time I had only downloaded "Making Up A Changing Mind", the first in a trilogy of 3 EP's to be released in 2010.

It was only a few days ago that I went back and downloaded the rest of the EP's, albums, and a live NYE show they played in 2008. Since that day I haven't gone more than a few hours without turning on one or more albums. I simply cannot get enough. Although it's really hard to peg them into one genre or another, the overall vibe bounces around anywhere from glitchy, and experimental to clean and classy trip-hop. You won't find many tracks with vocals, and really, there is no need with the underlying mezmorizing basslines.



Pretty Lights, you are the reason I've finally decided to blog. I needed to tell everyone about you guys and you've inspired me to do that. For this, I thank you.

http://www.prettylightsmusic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment